Songwriter Louis Bell breaks the RIAA record for most Diamond-certified singles with eight — after breaking the record for the most Platinum-certified song in history with Post Malone’s ‘Sunflower.’
Esteemed songwriter-producer Louis Bell has become the first songwriter in history to have eight RIAA Diamond-certified singles. Each record has sold more than 10 million copies in the US to have earned this milestone.
This news follows Bell and his collaborators breaking the record for the most RIAA Platinum-certified song in history with “Sunflower” by Post Malone and Swae Lee, which reached 17x Platinum in November.
Bell’s eight Diamond-certified singles are:
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone and Swae Lee — 17x Platinum and the most RIAA-certified single of all time — Songwriter and Producer
- “Congratulations” by Post Malone — 14x Platinum — Songwriter
- “Better Now” by Post Malone — 10x Platinum — Songwriter and Producer
- “Circles” by Post Malone — 10x Platinum — Songwriter and Producer
- “Psycho” by Post Malone ft. Ty Dolla $ign — 10x Platinum — Songwriter and Producer
- “rockstar” by Post Malone ft. 21 Savage — 10x Platinum — Songwriter and Producer
- “Without Me” by Halsey — 10x Platinum — Songwriter and Producer
- “Havana” by Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug — 10x Platinum — Songwriter
In addition to writing credits on all eight singles, Bell is a producer on six of the songs: “Sunflower,” “Better Now,” “Circles,” “Psycho,” “rockstar,” and “Without Me.”
Six of the eight singles were co-created with Bell’s close collaborator, Post Malone, who also broke records this week as the first artist to have eight Diamond-certified singles. Of the eight, six are the tracks he shares with Bell, in addition to his hits, “White Iverson” and “I Fall Apart.” Bell and Malone are both managed by Electric Feel Entertainment’s CEO, Austin Rosen.
Louis Bell has continued to write and produce massive hits with hip-hop and pop sensations in the last 18 months, including Ed Sheeran’s “2step” featuring Lil Baby, Juice WRLD’s “Wandered to LA” featuring Justin Bieber, The Kid LAROI’s “Thousand Miles,” Elton John’s “Always Love You” featuring Nicki Minaj and Young Thug, and Post Malone’s “I Like You (A Happier Song)” featuring Doja Cat.