Clubhouse keeps crashing? Don’t worry! We’ve gathered a list of the best solutions to the most common issues.
Clubhouse is an increasingly popular competitor among social audio apps, alongside Discord, Slack, and Telegram Voice Chat. It offers many great features that make it easy for influencers to host audio events for their fans. But if Clubhouse keeps crashing, what do you do? We’ve compiled a list of the tried and true methods to get Clubhouse working again.
Clubhouse Keeps Crashing
Connection issues are the most common for services requiring an internet connection to stream content. You may experience connection issues with any streaming service on your device, be it audio, video, or both. Ensure your phone or tablet isn’t in airplane mode and that your WiFi or data connection is solid.
Sometimes closing and relaunching the app will fix the issue. If it doesn’t, the next step should be to restart your device, especially if you haven’t done so in a while. A simple restart often fixes most problems not solved with an app relaunch.
How to Restart Most Android & iOS Devices
- Hold down the power button on your device.
- Tap the restart button on the screen when it appears.
- Confirm and wait for your device to restart.
- Open Clubhouse and confirm that it’s working.
Clearing Clubhouse’s Cache
If restarting things doesn’t solve the issue, clearing the app’s cache should be the next step. Clearing an app’s cache is a great way to refresh it without reinstalling it on your device. It removes files the app has downloaded to save time and might resolve any problems you’re having.
- Tap and hold the Settings app icon.
- Select Apps and find Clubhouse.
- Choose Storage and Clear Cache.
- Restart the app and sign back in.
If the app still isn’t working, try uninstalling it and giving it a fresh installation. Sometimes files can get corrupted during an update; a fresh install will fix it if clearing the cache hasn’t already.
- Open the Play Store or App Store and search for Clubhouse.
- Select Clubhouse and then tap Uninstall under the available options.
- Confirm you want to uninstall it, and then click Install to reinstall it.
- Sign back in and confirm that Clubhouse is working.
If you’ve tried all the steps outlined above and Clubhouse still isn’t working correctly, you might need to wait for an update for your device. Try using Clubhouse on another device, if possible, to determine if the problem is device-specific. Please let us know if you have a problem or solution we haven’t covered.