The American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) board of directors elections are happening through May 18. Here’s a peek at the candidates.
Each A2IM Board of Directors’ term runs for three years. Each seat is term-limited to one, full three-year term. Board members who have already served a full term must sit out a year before being eligible for election again. This year’s A2IM Board of Directors election runs from May 2 through May 18.
A2IM board members become involved in committees focused on things like sustainability and education. These committees help establish projects to support the growth of A2IM as a whole. They’re also kept informed of important developments as they arise so they can provide guidance on how to better serve the independent music community. A2IM board members are expected to meet in-person or via teleconference six to ten times per year to review the organization’s agenda and progress.
A2IM Board of Directors – 2022 Candidates
- Dee Diaz, VP, Digital Strategy of Reach Records
- Robert Filomena, COO & CFO of Nacional Records
- Aaron Fuchs, President of Tuff City Records
- Wilson Fuller, Head of Digital at Merge Records
- Mary Jurey, Chief Business Officer of Blue Elan Records
- David Hernandez, CEO of Colonize Media, Inc.
- Tony Kiewel, President of Sub Pop Records
- Jason Peterson, Chairman & CEO of GoDigital Media Group
- Daniel Sejpka, CEO & President of Battl Victory Records
- Jody Whelan, Managing Partner at Oh Boy Records
A2IM is a not-for-profit trade organization that exists to support and strengthen the independent music sector. Membership includes a broad coalition of more than 700 independently-owned American music labels.
A2IM represents these small and medium-sized enterprises’ interests in the marketplace, in the media, on Capitol Hill, and as a part of the global music community. In doing so, it supports a key segment of America’s creative class that represents America’s diverse musical cultural heritage.